[Features / Tasks]
- February, 23. 2007
Long time no change - but however, finally found the time to upload the new version. But it is not any new version, but the first BETA. Nearly all features are included - small things are still missing (but I didn't include them because I'll be not able to go on working on icqnd for a month or so).
Also this is the first version with national language support. A German translation was already added, but a lot more translations must be done! If you want to translate the about 850 messages to your language (and if you are patient enough to let yourself bother with small translation changes later), just write me a mail and I'll tell you what to do :). Hope to have the program in many languages soon.
Also this release has many new features, but because I don't log the changes (and restructured a lot of the source) I don't remember them all - you may discover it for yourself. What I remember is:
I'd really like to tell you about the bugs that were fixed, but I don't remember them :). I fixed a lot, all crashes that I found / that were reported, some deadlocks and many small things.
- Added a new user info window
- Hotkeys are now configurable and there are global hotkeys now!
- Many facelifts including a new smiley skin
- icqnd is now using a new config file with new standard settings
And this brings me to the most important thing: Because this is the beta (and should become stable soon) -> search for BUGS! If you have the time, take an hour or some minutes to test every functionality, strange conditions and so on and report all bugs you find :).
New Screenshots, as usual...
By the way, also packagers are required :)!
- September, 19. 2006
There it is - another version. This is a small update that fixes some critical bugs and implements some feature-requests.
Also, this version is powered by Jan-Michael Brummer who provided some useful patches and enhancements.
Among other fixes these bugs are history now:
- added a small bar in the main window to display/hide groups and offline users
- option to only show one group in the contact list (and the multi-send window / send-contacts window)
- added support for GtkSpell (enable it with --enable-gtkspell in configure) [thanks to Jan-Michael]
- URL / Smiley recognition in history window
- possibility to turn off types of messages in the network window and to filter entries by a string
- added the about window
- option to use a single mouse click in the tray (Options->Main Window->"Use double-click") [thanks for Jan-Michael again]
- option to send messages by pressing RETURN (Options->Conversation->"Send messages after a RETURN)
- added the statistics window
- add possibility to display the remote client name in user tooltips
- improved drag and drop support
- Prepared support for NLS [another time thanks to Jan-Michael]
- A new icons theme [provided by Jan-Michael]
- Just cancel a processing event after pressing ESC (and close the window after a second ESC)
- Fixed many contact list bugs (some of them critical)
- Fixed a bug when selecting users (multi-send window / send-contacts window)
- Fixed a bug that made icqnd not compile under x64 architectures [Jan-Michael - thank you :D]
There are also some new screenshots. Enjoy.
- July, 6. 2006
Here we go with a new version. It's dedicated to Hyp0r who had a birthday yesterday :).
This is definitely the last alpha - now really only small things are missing until everything
I imagined is in.
- Finally sending and receiving of contacts is supported.
- Also there's now a handy window to manage all your contacts in one window. "Users"->"Edit Users..."
- You can now start random chat sessions
- Open URL's in your favourite browser (set it in the options) from the conversation window
- Added many key combinations:
- In conversation window: ALT+LEFT / ALT+RIGHT: go to the next tab
- Main window: CTRL+H: minimize window
- CTRL+X: Quit Licq
- CTRL+O: Show / hide offline users
- CTRL+G: Show / hide groups
- CTRL+S: Send a message
- CTRL+U: Send a URL
- CTRL+C: Send a chat request
- CTRL+F: Send a file transfer request
- CTRL+A: View auto response
- Drag and Drop is finally in.
- Drag and Drop users in the contact list to move them to different groups. The used protocol is compatible with gaim so you can drop contacts for example in Evolution or other supported apps.
- Drop contacts into the "send contacts" window
- Drop files or text on a contact to open the appropriate window
- Drop files in the files-send window
- Redesigned and improved many windows
- Started using the tango icon set
- Error messages are now displayed in the message window
- Possibility to make main window sticky
- Quick search in the contact list
- Messages can now be sent via the server by default (configure it in the options dialog unter "Conversations"->"Send / Receive"
- Menu entry to open all recent messages at once
This version is really working good!
- Fixed crash after opening a window (when options window was closed with ESC)
- Fixed bug that made sometimes status icons disappear
- Loaded plugins are now properly saved
- Program now shuts down normally
- Fix in contact selection
- Many sending improvements
- Tons of stability bugs fixed
There are some new Screen shots.
--- also there is now a Ubuntu deb for Dapper.
- March, 2. 2006
There was a wrong dependency in this version. This is now removed. Thanks to Orlex2000.
You thought icQnD was dead? Think again. The problem is that I didn't have any time to go on working on this project, because my study is taking much more time than expected. However, I'll try to TAKE more time for icqnd to get my baby ready. Here are the changes in version 0.1.9.4 (not much, sorry ... Alexey sent a list with many things that should be done - I'm working on this list at the moment, so be patient - there is still much to do and I'm full of interesting ideas).
There are also two new screen shots. Have fun and send me bugs/wishes.
- Another rework of the contact list. It is now flat (without this indent), can be themed and fonts/colors can be set (via the preferences)
- Temporally adde the standard system menu in the tray (by clicking the right mouse button). This will be replaced by a more custom menu later on
- Main window elements can now be switched on/off (see preferences -> main window)
- Windows now have proper names. Icons will follow soon
- Main window can now be hidden from the task list/pager
- Reworked the "Search for users" dialog to make it more lucid
- Quick online/offline-mode by right-clicking the status button in the main window
- Changing the encoding is more "On the fly" now
- Cleaned up some windows
- Many more changes I forgot :)
- Bug fixes:
- fixed crash at preferences -> contact list -> colorselector
- fixed crash after trying to change the color in the chat window
- fixed bug that caused a crash on startup when language info is set to "-" (thanks to Tim)
- fixed bug that caused a crash when searching for users while offline
- fixed another severe bug that caused outgoing messages to be encoded incorrectly
- fixed a bug that caused sudden crashes after a status was changed
- tons of other bug fixes
- September, 30. 2005
A smaller new release. This is mainly a bug fixing release that got rid of several severe bugs.
... for those who update icqnd the buttons must be enabled in options->conversations->toolbar. This is the last release for the next 6 weeks or so, because I will not have an internet connection in DD until then. So report bug fixes, patches ... When I come back I expect my mail box to be full of needful mails. Another thing are the icons. Does someone have time to create (or collect) the following icons? vector graphics would be great, but normal images are also more than okay.
- several bug fixes
- corrected charset conversation of outgoing messages
- messages are shown again when switching off smiley interpretation
- many small fixes
- 2 new buttons added in conversation window
- switch on/off smileys
- switch on/off URL's
These icons are needed:
... I'd be great if at lease some of them could be made/collected. The current icqnd icons just don't fit to each other or (in the case of "Insert Smileys" and "Switch smileys on/off") are used more than once which causes confusion ... or standard GTK icons are used which are different from system to system and so don't fit to all other icons :(. Any help is very appreciated.
Conversation window (all 16x16 or bigger):
- Insert smiley
- Show / Hide smileys
- Show / Hide URL
- Show history
- Show user information
- Encrypt the connection
- Set font color
- Set background color
- Send message via server (on/off)
- Send message urgent (on/off)
- Send message
- Select message encoding
- Add this message as note
- Maybe some kind of new icq animation
Contact list (all 16x16)
- User entered his phone number
- User entered his mobile number
- Connection to user is encrypted
- User is typing
- User entered a special auto response
- Edit groups/modes
- Remove user
- Options ...
- Edit user groups
- Owner manager
- User lists
- Update all users
- Check for invisible users
- Reload contact list
- ... any other menu icon (but not that important)<7li>
- Contact list
- Main window
- On Events
- Auto Responses
So long, have some interesting weeks.
- September, 19. 2005
A new release. Many things have improved. This might be the last release for the next view weeks, because I'm moving to Dresden. Not sure when my computer will be there and when I'll have an internet access. However, I'm still online for one or two weeks, so please report severe bugs as fast as possible.
List of changes:
- user info window
- complete redesign to make information more lucid
- interests list now works (and can also be edited)
- new user status tab
- contact list
- complete redesign (again)
- non-groups view now uses a GtkListStore to avoid this space on the left side
- contact list entries are colored now (Visible list, IDLE, no messages yet)
- small icons next to the name to indicate typing, phone... are supported
- finally: a birthday notification via a small icon :)
- so many bugfixes concerning opening / closing groups
- display real names instead of the user alias when possible
- new configurable sorting engine
- user highlighting when going online / checking auto response
- configurable blinking of events
- millions of other bugs fixed(which were the cause for the redesign)
- auto status is now supported (away, NA, offline after certain time of inactivity)
- autoresponses: edit names + contents
- auto status: enable/disable, set time, auto response to use
- contactlist: edit sort order / blinking / tooltips / colors / view modes / extended icons
- tool tips
- new fields: online time, idle time, e-mail
- some bug fixes
- many icon bugs fixed
- improved standards mirabilis smiley theme (thanks to Florian Sievers)
- new state icons taken from qt-gui (does anyone have better icons?)
- conversation window
- many bug fixes
- when opening the popup in the message view there is now an option to copy a URL (if the mouse is above one)
- some smiley stuff - find out yourself :)
- fixed many status bugs
- going invisible now really works again :)
- other bug fixes
- again many charset issues. Hope this is all now
- smileys don't swallow a letter anymore
- custom autoresponses can now be disabled :)
- tons of bugfixes concerning the options window
- in general: tons of bigger and smaller bugfixes
- added a check for the right licq version
- added a check for X-libs (for auto status)
- some bug fixes and many clean ups
... good long list. ... escorted by some new screen shots.
ps: there were some people that have wishes for some features like fast on/off switching of smileys, accelerator keys, ... They're still on my list and a task for the next weeks (hope there'll be some time). Originally they should have been included in this release, but this cursed real and interpersonal life is so time exhausting :)
- August, 30. 2005
A new bugfix release. Adds not many features but fixes many severe bugs:
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed some bugs that caused a crash (1267513, 1267514, 1267515, 1267517)
- Fixed this embarrassing bug which caused a crash when setting options
- Again charset stuff (Thanks to C. "buke" Mroz)
- Some smiley recognition and displaying things
- Theme selection now works
- We have tooltips in the contact list :) Select the content in the optionswindow. Want to copy something from the tooltips? try holding CTRL while moving the mouse over the tip.
- August, 23. 2005
And here we go again. Another release with new features and bug fixes - already at 0.1.9 - 0.2 (the first fully featured version) is close... New features / fixes are:
- full protocol plugin support
- loading / unloading of protocol plugins
- independant personal settings / status
- messaging with MSN features
- started the options dialog
- edit toolbars in the conversation window
- set colors
- set message tag
- edit connection settings
- edit on event settings
- ... many other settings
- icon improvements
- themable icon/smileys sets
- correct icons for different protocols
- many bugfixes
- fixed a lot of charset issues
- fixed parts of the status bug (1244235)
- all debug messages are now directed to stderr (so the console plugin can be used again)
- tons of smaller bugs fixed
- some smaller general improvements
... there are also new screenshots :)
- July, 25. 2005
Another release because of too many bugs. All known bugs are solved now (at least all critical bugs) + some new features:
- much better charset treatment - should now work the intended way ;)
- possibility to set the user status to invisible
- "Cancel" button now works in file transfer and chat request windows
- error messages when sending of requests fails
- July, 23. 2005
The 0.1.8.-release didn't compile because of an error in the makefiles. The 0.1.8.1-release (that you'll find in the downloads section as usual) will.
- July, 22. 2005
Again a new version of icqnd. Getting close to the first fully featured version. This new version implements many more features, has a new look and a lot of bug fixes. To compile you must use the newest licq-cvs-sources, that you can get here.
- redesigned main window with new main menus
- owner manager
- register / add owners
- network log window
- possibility to remove users ;)
- edit user groups
- edit groups / modes for a user
- edit personal info
- Add user / authorize user by user ID
- update all users
- save opened groups when shutting down
- sending messages now possible with ALT+RETURN or CTRL+RETURN
- new icon "Gangsta" icon set by MatriX (taken from the miranda page)
- menu items that are not implemented yet are grayed out now
- bug fixes
- some internal code clean ups and tweaks
Check out the screen shots section for new impressions ;).
The old version was started typing "licq -p qnd-gui". The plugin is now renamed. Start icqnd with "licq -p icqnd"!
- June, 25. 2005
Released a new version of icqnd. This is mainly a bug fixing release. Took the autotools script from the licq qt-gui. The plugin will (propably) now compile on more systems like linux, bsd, solaris ...
- implemented a method to highlight contact list entries (will be used later for mass operations like "update all users")
- sending to multiple recipients now almost works (the multiple-message-flag isn't set yet)
- hopefully fixed bug 1224252 (hopefully because I cannot reproduce it) that caused a segmentation fault at startup due to improper use of GTK-templates.
- June, 16. 2005
Don't burn your eyes - this site is not sweet, but provides now some information of the project. Will have to beautify it soon, add meta tags and put it into google. Better than nothing now
- June, 13. 2005
Finally the sourceforge project was approved and the first release was put up